After a long absence trying to rearrange my life, I’m back. We’ve made a lot of changes and can’t wait to make further progress on our journey toward a better life.
Things We’ve Recently Changed
We’ve become mostly vegan at home. We’re only eating meat, cheese or eggs basically if they’re free. I’m doing this mostly for health and animal welfare reasons. Please check out nutritionists.org by Dr. Greger for excellent videos and articles about nutrition. Dr. Greger reads every nutrition publication in the English language and then puts out educational videos and articles regarding the published studies. All of his information is free.
We’re getting up much earlier. Sweet Baby is getting up mostly at 6:30-7:00 and I’ve been getting up mostly at 6:00-6:30. I hate to admit that we used to get up much later than that. While these times are improvements, we’re trying to get to where I’m getting up at 5:00 and Sweet Baby is getting up at 6:30. I’m having a hard time figuring out meals that Sweet Baby likes (repeatedly), that aren’t junky, that are quick to prepare and are vegan but without tofu or tomatoes. We don’t eat much tofu because of thyroid concerns and Sweet Baby is allergic to tomatoes. Darn allergy’s making it hard to find recipes. I would try to cook ahead when I’m off work, but we usually travel on the weekends.
Another thing we’re working on hard is our oral health. Sweet Baby has to get her first crown after a piece broke off a molar and decay got onto the root. We’re opting to do a root canal, then we’ll go to our regular fantastic dentist, Dr. Kim Baer at Natural Dentist Associates in Rockville, MD to get an ozone treatment to kill any bacteria left in the tooth, then a permanent filling and a crown over that. I realize that root canals are somewhat controversial, but x-Rays showed that Sweet Baby is missing her adult molar in front of the broken one so we’ve opted for trying to keep that tooth as long as possible.
For our improved dental health, we’re doing the following things:
- Oil pulling with coconut oil twice a day
- Using xylitol in water to rinse our teeth after each meal. Xylitol has been shown to help reduce tooth default as well as build stronger bones.
- Brushing our teeth with Livionex tooth gel several times a day. Livionex works by disrupting the plaque biofilm, greatly reducing the amount of bacteria on your teeth, thereby reducing the corrosive acids produced by those bacteria.
- Applying MI Paste to our teeth three times a day after brushing. MI Paste supplies calcium and phosphorus to the surface of the teeth to help rebuild tooth structure.
We’re (mostly me) working on incorporating more exercise and targeted relaxation. My daily routine includes the following:
- Guided meditation (20 minutes)
- Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) meridian tapping (15 minutes plus while on rebounder)
- Yoga (10 minutes)
- Tai chi (10-20 minutes)
- Qigong (10-20 minutes)
- Rebounder/mini-trampoline (10 minutes)
- Treadmill 5 days/week; weight lifting 2 days/week (30 minutes)
Lastly (?), I’m adding in specific teas everyday. Those will include at least green tea, ginger and licorice root. I’ll do another post about which teas and why because I want to add more detail.
How are you making your life better?
Some of the links on my blog are affiliate links, some are not. If you buy something after clicking on them, I may get a commission. You get something you like; I get a little bit to help pay the bills. Win, win! Either way, I will only recommend things that I believe in.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.